Saturday, March 4, 2017

Taking delivery

The Ute in the shadows on the left and the vines looking their
very best - not to mention Rodney and my TrailRider
Yesterday I took delivery of my very own TrailRider. Rodney came over in his Ute (that's what we call a flat bed truck in Australia) and gave me my long-awaited 65th birthday present. 

He had been working away to resolve a slight problem that was most likely brought about by folk who worked on motorising it.

I saw a TrailRider being set up from scratch for the very first time and also had the opportunity to study the rear in some detail. I ended up with a clear understanding of the problem he had been grappling with.
Rear view of the motorised TrailRider. Do
you see how the wheel is displaced a little
to the left?

The slight shift of the wheel towards the left of the chair was causing a metal pin to gouge into the tyre.

Now I hope to go out around Newstead and show off my new toy. Josh (third son) is looking after me. Can a single sherpa safely operate a TrailRider?

3 comments:

  1. ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great news, Dave. Looking forward to your thoughts on how it all goes :-)

    ReplyDelete

iPad, iPhone beware! Many people comment and lose their work. To avoid this use the Anonymous option which is safe. Tell me who you are though!

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You can remain anonymous if you prefer (just select Anonymous from the bottom of the 'Comment As' list)

If you don't like the idea of joining something else out there to keep in touch with TrailRider Tales consider registering your email with this blog to be kept informed when there are new posts or replies to your comment.